Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Speedy Fox and Friends Purple Christmas

I made this card for Marks Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends challenge 188 Purple Christmas. I was a little stumped at first as I don't have a MFP Christmas stamp set, but then I remembered all the gorgeous window scene cards that I have come across lately.  So I grabbed the bare branched tree from MFPs Tree Greetings stamp set and Poppy Stamps Grand Madison window.  I stamped the tree in Stazon jet black on gloss card, masked a circle for the moon coloured the background with distress inks - milled lavender, shaded lilac and (my all-time favourite) dusty concord. I masked some snow drifts at the bottom but the window ended up covering it.  I then added a bit of Signo white pen for snow on the branches. The sentiment and banner, and the sparkly snowflake are Marianne Collectables dies from two different sets.

 
Maybe one day I wont be crafting in the middle of the night and be able to take a nice picture in natural light. Thank you for passing by my blog. Cheers Linda

5 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

What a beautiful view through your window - lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SPeedy Fox & Friends.

Pat said...

A calm and serene scene. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Sarn said...

Oh this is just LOVELY. x

stampingbowd said...

Oh my!!! I am going to remember to use that tree for winter! Your card is fabulous! Love the masking! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Love the fancy die cut window frame!