Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wplus9 Trend Watch Challenge

Wplus9 turn 4 in February and are celebrating all month long. As part of 3rd week of their Birthday Celebrations they have a challenge. The Wplus9 trend watch challenge focuses on trends - misting, metal, stripes, sequins, watercolour, hand colouring, etc, etc. There are a lot of fun trends around at the moment. For my challenge entry I have used watercolour splatters and sequins. The watercolour splatters were created by making a wash of a number of different colour Faber-Castell gelatos and flicking the paintbrush. The sentiment I created and printed and cut into a little flag ended banner. The multi-coloured star is centre of one of the Wplus9 quilt cuts 2 die set . I cut it out of many different colours and then pieced it together within the white frame. I then stuck on the sequin with glossy accents and finally adhered the panel to a white cardstock base. I hadn't tried this technique before, but I found it a lot of fun. As always thank you to anyone who stumbles upon my blog. 

5 comments:

brenda said...

Wonderfully effective inking, great card as well.

B x

Diane said...

What an absolutely delightful design I love the watercolor splatters and sequins with the fun star.

Hugs Diane

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this colorful, trendy card too!

maria f. said...

Fabulous splatters! Love all those colors.

Amy E said...

Oh wow!! At first glance I thought you just used a really patterned paper and I was reading to find out what kind it was! I had no idea you made it yourself from just splattering paint! I have a set of Gelatos that I'm excited to play with so I'm going to have to try this technique!! Beautiful!!

Thanks for your sweet comment today!! The clouds that the storks were flying through were made be me and some Distress ink! Haha!