Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

12 tags of Christmas with a Feminine twist - take 2

This tag has been created for Ellen Hutson 12 tags of Christmas with a feminine twist challenge. This tag was inspired by Julie Ebersole's arty tag from day 1. The tag background is a Reves 300gsm watercolour paper cut at about 7.5 x 12 cm and the corners cut off to create the tag shape .  Julie created her stripes by hand watercolouring with distress ink (definitely watch her video she such great fun). I wanted a little more sparkle so I painted my stripes with the melon metallic Faber-Castell gelato. I also used tape to create straight stripes (a little OCD I know).  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft Christmas sentiments. It was stamped with versamark and embossed with gold.  The wreath is the breezy wreath from Poppy Stamps. I cut it out of plain white cardstock 3 times and layered it up (fiddly and I think I need new glasses).  I then stuck on some iridescent pale pink sequins on the wreath and decorated around the star with some gold and transparent pink sequin stars. The smaller of the gold stars was actually silver but I coloured over it with a Faber-Castell metallic marker. I punched a hole in the top (please try to ignore my poor centring) and created a reinforcer out of gold shimmer paper with two small circle punches.

Thank you for looking,  cheers Linda


2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love your clearly defined lines ... such a pretty color combination.

Kara said...

such pretty colors!!